Do you think it is just the green beans making her sick?

My dd is 5 months. We just started to do baby food. We did squash first. Just a little at a time, took three days to get through a stage 1 jar. I just gave her a little at lunch when her brothers were eating and then at dinner when we were all eating. Anyway, she was fine with it. Today we started green beans. She ate a little at lunch, nursed like normal and then went down for her nap. She threw up during her nap. Looked like green beans and lots of phlegm and some regular spit up looking stuff. So I gave her bath. She was her happy self. As soon as her bath was over and she was dressed of course she threw up again, it looked the same. Do you think it is the green beans or she is getting something? We all had the stomach flu right after christmas but it would have shown up before now I would think. She doesn't have a fever or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can take up to 3 exposures for a clear food-triggered response to be appear or to be clear. Pull back today with the green beans. Try something she's been ok with already tomorrow. If there's no issues, try the green beans again. If throws up, talk to the peditrician about a link.
    Anonymous

• Don't feed her green beans for the next two days, try another food. If she doesn't throw up again then it's probably the gree beans.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• It very well could be the green beans. If I were you I'd follow the AAP guidelines and not introduce anything other than breastmilk until at least 6 months old. One reason to wait is to give the gut more time to mature to avoid reactions to food. If baby is showing signs of not handling any solid, I'd hold off another month.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2010