breaking laws to share religion?

Do you feel like it is ok to break laws in order to share your religion? For example my in laws live by a large amish community. One of the men were over helping with their garden, and he was telling us that there are Amish and Mennonite missionaries, who are smuggling Bibles into places like China where it is forbidden.

I know there are other groups that are doing things like this as well. So do you feel its ok to break laws to share your religion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• "If man's laws are agianst God's laws then yes it's ok to break them. God comes first!"

And it's this kind of extremism that I can bet some christians use as justifcation for bombing abortion clinics as well. This attitude is really distrubing to me.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yep, it happens. I think what is worse than banning, is persecuting. Terrible.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Absolutely. I have smuggled Bibles into China through the mail and private addresses, and I have many friends who have taken them there personally. I would go to jail to help minister to the faithfull believers in China. Their government lies and sas that they don't persecute Christians, and they have state run churches that can't really teach the whole Bible.

My heart really goes out to them.

Yes it is okay to break the law to spread the gospel.

Why do you think Paul was put in prison himself??? He broke the laws to spread the gospel.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Killing people, no. Smuggling books, yes.

Information and education should be basic human rights. Some countries, like China and North Korea, don't have freedom of information. But I wouldn't break laws that would infringe upon the safety of others.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I also have very close friends from my church that break the law everyday as missionaries living in Morocco. It is against the law to evangelize someone there. And they do it everyday. He has even been arrested for it, but their visas were just renewed anyway. Praise the LORD!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• That's an interesting question. Even after the Supreme Court said "No Prayer in Schools", my children were led in the recitation of The Lord's Prayer each morning in their public school. Although I'm a Christian, I had mixed feelings about this because we were basically telling the children you don't have to follow the rules if you don't like them.

Same thing when someone says a prayer over the loudspeaker at a public school sporting event. According to the law they aren't suppose to do this. Maybe not the same thing as smuggling Bibles into China, but it is still breaking the law.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• dyndudes. It is not illegal to pray in school. It is illegal to mandate coorperate prayers in school. I.E. teacher leads the class in prayer. But students regulary pray in schools. See you at the Pole is a regular event where students, parents, and teachers gather around the school flag pole and pray for their school. Christian clubs meet on school campuses all throughout the week and they pray together. Kids pray for their meals. Kids pray for their grades and their tests!

It is okay to pray in school, it is illegal to mandate it.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• yeah that is not allowed!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• What I said.........my children were led in the recitation of The Lord's Prayer each morning in their public school

What you said.......I.E. teacher leads the class in prayer

OOPS.....I had to edit my answer and now it is out of order.  This goes before the post from Cinnamon-mom.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• If man's laws are agianst God's laws then yes it's ok to break them. God comes first! God has asked us to spread his message, so yes that is ok. We ovbey God first.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2010