what weeks do you get ultrasounds during pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had 1 at 18 weeks, which was supposed to be my only one.. but I had one at 36 weeks because I was measuring small, and at 41 weeks when I went overdue
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• it depends on the dr and if your high risk, if you had m/c, and if you had to take clomid or something like that

i would say most do around 17-22 weeks

i had high risk before this preg and all ended in m/c this preg i had one during 6 weeks to see how many cause i was on clomid and during 10 week to make sure the baby was godd sents i m/c around 9 weeks and i had one during my 13 week and everything was good i have one more u/s and then they will only do a u/s if the need to from there

but everyone it deffiernet depends on the preg and dr
    Anonymous

• It has been sometime since my last pregnancy (other than this new one), but I seem to remember it as 16-20 weeks for the BIG one, one at about 7-8 weeks, and then I have found that it really varies by the doctor and if there are any explorative reasons to do another one, or two, etc...
    littlebehr1

Answer by littlebehr1 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• 20 weeks. There is really so little need for multiple u/s.
    Anonymous

• With my first dd, I had a u/s at about 9 weeks, again around 20 weeks, then again when I was about 39 weeks.
    For my 2nd dd, I never had one until around 19 or 20 weeks, and then once I was considered "over due" I had a u/s and several non-stress tests before I finally delivered at 42 weeks. I avoided an argument about induction by a few hours - I was supposed to have another u/s and NST and then discuss induction at 2pm, but I had her at 8:11 that morning :)
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I had one at 6 wks, another at 8 wks, will have one around 20 wks....I am 14 weeks now and am NOT considered a "high risk" I am not going to argue if they give me an ultrasound it a chance to see your lil one!!
    Anonymous

• It's different for everyone. It depends on whether you're low or high risk. It depends on what your insurance will cover, or even wehther you have any insurance at all. I had state insurance, so I only got one at 20wks with both of my children.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2010