Would you complain if a fellow diner had a radio turned up LOUD at their table and was disturbing other diners?

We were at a restaurant today and four people were sitting in a corner booth. They had a portable radio at their table and they were listening to some rap station. It was turned up LOUD! They were also talking LOUD! I complained to the waitress but she did nothing. Nobody else complained, just me. What would you have done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would have also talked to the manager. But really, who brings a radio to a restaurant?? That's nuts.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• asked for the manager
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I would have also complained to the server, then if he or she didn't do anything, asked to speak with the manager.
    Anonymous

• Who brings a portable radio to a restaurant? I'd have spoken to the manager and given him a piece of my mind, and then if they did nothing I'd have gone over there and asked them to turn their radio down please.
    Anonymous

• MANAGER PLEASE! It is his responsibility to maintain a sense of decorum in his restaurant
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I'm not shy. I would have yelled at them to turn that shit down! I've raised teenagers, I've had practice!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I would have complained to the waitstaff and the manager and then left and not left a tip! Then I would have called the police for a noise disturbance!
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010