Does anyone have any tips for keeping the house clean and organized all week?

Hubby and I both work 40+ hours a week, and while I try my best to pick up and do things around the house during the week, the truth is, with two kids (a 3 year old and an 8 month old that now crawls and pulls herself up on things), I'm exhausted! Usually the housework gets put aside until the weekend, and then the whole weekend is consumed with cleaning. lol I'm certain I'm not the only one experiencing this. Are there any tips/tricks to easily maintain an organized and clean house so that I can actually relax somewhat on the weekend?

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 3:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I'm a stay at home mom, but my best friend and her husband both work full time and what she does is clean 1 room a night (they have 7 rooms) and she says its so much easier that way so she won't have to waste their entire weekends just cleaning.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Hey ABP - That is a great Idea! I am in the same boat as the OP. Hubby works 60 + hours a week and I work 40 we spend ALL weekend cleaning and it is trash again by Friday!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• ABP! Thanks for the great idea!
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 5:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Check out FlyLady.net....GREAT tips there that do work.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2010