interview thank you letter

I had a job interview and would like to send a thank you letter.

The interviewer only gave her first name in three different instances. How would I go about addressing the letter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• You never got a last name, then?

You COULD try calling the business and getting the last name...unless she's the one answering the phone.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Call the receptionist, and ask for the spelling of the first and last name of everyone you met with. Next time, ask for a business card.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I would not write a thank you letter. You should thank them for their time before you leave the office and leave it at that. They will think that you are brown nosing if you send a letter.
    Anonymous

• Anon :59 is NOT correct. Thank you letters are NOT considered brown nosing..they are considered good manners AND put your name in front of the hiring manager again after the interview. Not sending one is considered cloddish and can get you out of consideration for a job.

Tell you what IS brown-nosing...sending flowers. Someone did that after I interviewed them for a position. That was overkill.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• called the company and she is the one who answered the phone. but she has no problem giving me her first and last name.

thanks everyone

btw thank you letters ARE NOT brown nosing. I got this first hand from a person who conducted interview. In fact NOT sending a thank you letter could be what keeps your name from being remembered.

someone sent flowers??? no, that is wrong
    Anonymous

• Always send a (hand written) thank you note.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• rkoloms, I just typed this out but I can hand write it as well. Can you tell me why it should be hand written? I was told email was sufficient as well.

Anonymous