Is it neccessary to have a bridal shower?

I guess I dont really understand what you do at them....
Dont people bring gifts to the wedding? Why do you have a shower?
SHOULD I have one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Definitely not necessary, but totally fun. Those are gifts for the bride, whereas wedding presents are gifts for the couple.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• totally reccommend it. It marks the last days of not being a wife. Its celebrating ending your life as before a wife then becoming one. You'll love it. go for it.Mine was the best. Wouldn't have changed a thing.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I don't think it's necessary, and I didn't have one. My brother and a cousin of mine each got married the same summer I did, and I think having a shower would have been too much for all our family members to have to get a gift and come to another event. My SIL didn't have one either. I don't know if my cousin did, maybe with just friends of hers. Sometimes they're fun just to see everyone and have a nice lunch or dinner, but I really don't like playing the cheesy games. I'm not comfortable being the center of attention either.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I refused both a bridal and baby shower; they always feel like begging-for-gift parties.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I dont find them necessary and I did not have one.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I didnt have one but my friends' were awesome FUN!!!
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 5:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I always feel uncomfortable registering for things, it just seems rude. A party is one thing...but not something I just have to have, but I think it is worse when I have to tell people what I want or need.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2010