Help with breast pump

My breasts feel so full and I can actually feel the milk in there I am guessing that's what it is so I tried to pump and nothing went into the pump. Well, when I got done trying and it didn't work I was leaking so bad. Why is this happening?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like you stimulated your breast while trying to pump, and then stopped pumping right as your let down happened. do you have a manual pump or an electric one? the electrical pumps work much better. dont worry this feeling wont last long. it usually only happens when your milk supply is first coming in. if your breasts are umcomfortable and baby is sleep and you do not need to pump, then id suggest just going and taking a shot shower, or putting a warm compress on them. good luck.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• think baby the whole time ur pumping. think of watching ur baby play n his laugh n cry n the milk will just come out. n if u dont want to save the milk, do it in the shower with warm water on ur breasts n let the milk go down, when the milk warms out it starts emptying much faster, i had a disastrous experience with my first ending with abscess n opening my chest surgically while i was awake n no pain medication, IT WAS HELL. be very careful , all because i didnt know what to do correctly. let me know if u have questions. good luck,
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• So it probably would have came out if I tried longer?
    Anonymous

• your not supposed to pumpm while pregnant it can caused contactions. also milk for mopst womans doenst come in till 3-5 days after the baby is born
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I'm not pregnant. I didn't know where to post this ...
    Anonymous

• how old is the baby?
    how long you pump for?
    electric or manual?
    brand?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• how long should you pump for?
    Anonymous

• everyone is diffrent for me i had an oversupply. but 1-2 oz is nornmal outputs. for 10-20 mts. if your beast are engorged do warm compress. also try to get baby to latch!1 your baby works alot better then the pump. if its to hard for baby to latch. ezpress a little and then try. you can always contact la leche league or the hospital you gave birth.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I had a hard time pumping unless i was actaully feeding the baby at teh time. baby on one side, pump on the other.
    Anonymous