Breast pump help

My breasts feel so full and I can actually feel the milk in there I am guessing that's what it is so I tried to pump and nothing went into the pump. Well, when I got done trying and it didn't work I was leaking so bad. Why is this happening? Should I pump longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How long did you pump for?
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• you may be too engorged for the pump.

try hand expressing the milk. it works better than any pump you can buy anyways.
    Anonymous

• How long did you try to pump for? I always had to get a warm washcloth to put on my boobs so it would come out better. That or i would jump in the shower and then it would be like a fountain lol.
    Anonymous

• How long did you pump forr? Some women even tthough they have a great supply for baby they can't pump much. What kind of pump do you have? Did you try pumping one side at a time, sometimes this helps an electric pump work better even if it is made to use both sides at the same time. Depending on how old your baby is you might be getting engored(sp) if the baby is very young. Have you had trouble pumping before? Have you talked with La Leche legue if you have questions regarding pumping or breastfeeding.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 5:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• And which pump? Some aren't worth buying.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2010