Is early labor/delivery a pattern in pregnancies?

With my son, I had early labor at 31 weeks and delivery at 37 weeks. I am now almost 23 weeks pregnant and wondering if other moms feel there is a pattern to early labor. Have you delivered all yours early, late, or were they different?

bashishot

Asked by bashishot at 5:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• not me but my firend had her dd at 24 ks (passed away) and her ds at 28 wks( he is almost2 now)
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I had my first one 9 days early and my second one was 4 weeks early. It really all depends with each pregnancy.

My friend went early with her first, late with her next two and early with her last.
    Anonymous

• Everyone is different. I never dilated, etc with my first and he came late. My second I had false labor for over a month, and had him 5 days early.
    Anonymous

• I had my first at 35 weeks (water broke, no pre-term labor) and now I'm 27 weeks with #2 so I wonder the same thing. I hope this one stays put til at least 37 weeks!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 6:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• With my first, I went into labor at 33 wks and had him at 34 weeks. With my second, I was induced at 39 weeks. Now, I am pregnant with twins and I'm hoping it goes as smoothly as my second pregnancy. Good luck.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• my 2nd was a preemie. he came early b/c of my own stress. my next pregnancy was twins and we were very motivated to stay out of the nicu! they were born at 37 weeks...no nicu, no problems.
    be sure to eat healthy, often and a lot, be sure to drink enough water 2-3 liters a day, and keep your stressors in check. listen to your body...if you feel early contractions, sit down, relax and drink water. they say once there is premature labor, you are at risk for premature labor for subsequent pregnancies.
    from the posts, you can see it is not always true!
    good luck to you and this pregnancy. the best you can do is exceptional prenatal care!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 20, 2010