things to do with a 13 month old

ok....my daughter is 13 months old all she wants to do is play with her toys and watch mickey mouse when it's on.....doesn't really want me playing with her toys with her. We don't live in the greatest neiborhood so going outside is kinda out of the ?.........what r some things I can do to get her intrested........or am I over reacting and she is just being a normal kid? PLZ be nice and serious answers only

rowdy24

Asked by rowdy24 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 2 (-1 Credits)
  • My son is the same way and he is only 7 months! He would much rather play by himself. All my son wants is someone to try to talk to.
    Anonymous

• Get out of your neighborhood.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My daughter really likes it when I read to her. I got some board books and just let her play with them if she wanted too. Also rolling a ball back and forth was a favorite for a while. If you can't play outside what about at a park. My local library also has storytime and a babies and books. We also enjoy putting on music and dancing. Just put on anything you like and start dancing around whever he is playing, he may just laugh and smile at you, but hopefully he will join in. Good luck!
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 12:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• my son is 14mos...and would almost always rather entertain himself. he's always running from here to there and gettting into everything and blabbing away.

he does like to look at books and things though. we'll run around, he loves to be chased and tickled and stuff. we'll play with his football or basketball or his cars or something.
    one thing I hate about winter....is we're always stuck inside.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2010