What is your breaking point?

When do you say enough is enough? Is it after everything from the vehicles to the computers to the drier breaks?

Is after layoffs and the economy bite you in the butt?

Or is after someone criticizes you for every last little thing you do?

So do tell, what is your breaking point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Pick something. No, really-
    DH- Believes broken promises can make a marriage & keep it together
    SD (15)- At times emotionally needy, other times lies & manipulates (just like the egg donor)
    SD's "mom"- Piece of crap who has focused her psychotic hate on me. I have never been anything less than civil to her, but now I am a b*tch, c*nt, and have ALWAYS been rude to her.
    College- Back for this semester after taking a semester off & losing my financial aid because I wanted to work on my "marriage". Yea, SO worth it!
    DD- 21 months old, in the terrible 2s early. Whiny, & will not listen to a damn thing I say most of the time. It's her good days that keep me going.
    BFF- Decided to become friends with my ex-BFF on FB, even after my exBFF backstabbed both of us many times.
    Family- Variety of drama.
    Other friends- Everyone else is too busy to care. Apparently putting forth effort into friendships is overrated.

Yea... I HAVE HAD IT!!!
    Anonymous

• I don't know what you mean by breaking point. I don't let things get to me that bad for it to come to that, if you mean like losing your temper and just breaking down...??
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I always hold everything in so It can be something as little as my husband not rinsing out his glass that had milk in it.
    Anonymous

• Usually a negative comment on a bad day. A comment that the person who said it knew it was contrary and inappropriate. BIL is really good at causing me to nearly decapitate him. And my mom when she's in one of her negative-nancy moods.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• The only times in recent memory I've "broken down" have been because of a lot of ongoing stress (school, money, pressure to do things, etc) that get tipped off by an especially bad day. But my breakdowns usually just consist of feeling incredibly sorry for myself for a day or two and being a bitch to people (not on purpose) for a couple of days, and then things tend to swing back to normal.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 5:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Someone criticising me for everything I did was my breaking point, I couldn't even do dishes right according to him...I wasn't 'economical' about water usage..OMG don't get me started on everything I did wrong..he's gone now so when things go wrong and break down, I DON'T.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 5:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I'll let you know when I get there. I expect it sometime this week if my textbook doesn't get here before the first test on Friday.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Being treated with disrespect and being yelled at really set me off.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My breaking point is my 9 year old daughter's out of control temper. If World's Strictest Parents would take kids that young, I'd ship her off for a couple of months.
    etown2reds

Answer by etown2reds at 8:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2010