rear facing

i had my dd RF till 33 mts in her cosco scenra. i swithched her around cuz she was geting close to the height requirment. she is still withen the weight. she is 31lbs and 35 3/4 in long. and the height requirment is 36 in. the weight is 35lbs. should i have switched her around? the chair FF up to 40 lbs

piwife

Asked by piwife at 5:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• the height limits are more of a guideline, she met the criteria for outgrowing by height if she was
    a) the top of her head was within 1 inch of the top of the shell
    b) her shoulders were at or above the last harness slot
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I agree with peanuts. My son is very tall in the torso and actually hit b) before he hit the seats height restriction. My daughter on the other hand hit the weight first. If they outgrow either the weight or height it is safer to be forward facing then. Be content in knowing you gave your child a better chance in an accident as long as you could which is more then most people do.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My son is tall. We turned him around at 12 months.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2010