heart burn question

when you get heart burn do you feel it in your stomach or in your chest!
i think im getting heart burns everytime i eat, i get it like 3-4 times on every meal.
i have neverr have had heart burns im new to all this burning stuff..lol..
to me it feels like if my stomach has acid running around it. do you girls feel the same way?
oh one more thing, im almost 5 weeks, is it normal for me to get it so ealry??

yamil519

Asked by yamil519 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes it is normal..i never had till i was pregnant with my son lol ran to dh saying somethings wrong!! then we discoverd what was wrong i was like ohhh thats what that feels like..yuck. my belly was all yuck ran up my throte...horrible..what helped me...baken soda...1 spoonful of baken soda to 8oz glass of water..stir and drink..not yummy but makes u burp and helps with the acid. i know 3 people beside me that have used this trick. hope u fell better..xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• when i was pregnant my candy was tums
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yes it's normal. I'm at the end of my first/beginning of my second trimester. I get it around the area where my ribs aren't touching in the front (floating ribs?) Tums may help with it a little bit, try to carry them on you at all times. If it continues or gets worse (the tums aren't helping) you can talk to your doctor about another safe OTC antiacid or a possible prescription.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 6:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Tums do help a lot but if you don't have any, try milk. I am 17 wks with twins and whenever I get heartburn I just drink a big glass of milk and that takes care of it.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 7:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2010