Painful pelvic pressure!

I'm 34 weeks pregnant with baby number 2 but having alot of pressure in my pelvic region and pain in the bottom part of my belly (not anything regular like contractions are "supposed to be") and top part of my legs. I only remember this feeling when I was in labor last time about to deliver! I feel the baby moving like crazy down in that area. It's been like this all day now and just wondering if I should call the doc or is it normal. It's been uncomfortable to my hips for a few weeks but its starting to hurt in the pubic bone area like the baby is going ahead and forcing his way out! If there is no concern any suggestions on getting a little comfort?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It sounds to me that your baby dropped but that sounds kind of early in a 2nd pregnancy. If it makes you that uncomfortable I would call your doctor, that's what they are there for. Plus, better safe than sorry. Good Luck!!
    Anonymous

• See a chiroprator.
    Anonymous

• I'm now 36 weeks along and have had the same issue for about a month now. My Ob referred me to a PT for the hip pain. It's worked wonders. But, other than staying comfortable, there's not a whole lot they can do. Good luck girl and I feel your pain!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 9:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I'm 37 weeks and my Dr told me 2 weeks ago at my appt that I would start having that feeling bc she's moving down and my hips are popping out of place. She told me Tylenol and a heating pad would help...yeah right lol Last night she was pushing down there so hard and it hurt so bad that I was afraid my water going to break or something bc it felt weird.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• HMMM.... Well my SO is a PT so I guess he might get a little extra work time once he gets home. LOL Guess anything is worth a try. Glad Im not the only one going thru this but I wouldnt wish it on anyone by no means:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2010