We are reaching the one year mark of the Obama presidency.................

and I Would like to know what grade you would give him? Alot of news organizations are grading him and he gave himself a solid B. If you could give something to back up the WHY you gave him a particular grade that would be great!
Thank you

Asked by momof030404 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, a grade is a measure of how well the person achieved the goals they set out to achieve. My own opinion is that Obama is the figurehead for the Progressive movement, and the Progressives want to get permanent gov't control by making more people dependent on gov't and by getting rid of independent people who might oppose them when they make more outrageous power-grabs. ... So, Obama gets an A for moving Americans rapidly into deeper trouble.

Now, if the assignment was to move us quickly through a period of economic difficulty and unemployment ... then the White House team and the Congress get an F.
    The unemployment is inexcusable because it is completely manufactured - if they had cut taxes on businesses and eased up on the regulations & fees, our economy would have bounced back in 3 months.

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• F-.
    He LIED. He promised to not raise taxes - to offer stimulus packages for the middle class - and he is a MEDIA hog.

Answer by RutterMama at 6:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I would give him a D and the only reason it isn't an F is because of Afghanistan.

Answer by Carpy at 6:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Only Three more to go! He was never and isn't qualified.

• I agree with RutterMama. I have yet to see any positive things he has done for our country since becoming president. All I have seen so far is that he is way over his head and is on a crazy power trip and spending spree. Hmm who could have predicted that! *rolls eyes*

• I watched Obama state in a speech about two weeks ago that he thinks he has earned an A-. I don't know how he and his staff reached that conclusion, since he didn't accomplish anything all year except to institute policies that have put us in an even deeper economic crisis. He didn't even make a decision on troop reinforcements until the year was almost over. I guess he finally realized maybe his military strategists know a little more about promoting the defense of our country than he does. I give him a big fat F for ignoring the welfare of the American citizens.

Answer by chocaholic888 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• 3 years 3 days to go! LOL

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Now, Now. We have to remember that he's only had a year in office. Give him time! Remember, it's all W's fault...

*rolls eyes*

Seriously. F. All the way. F.

Answer by christaberk at 8:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• "G" for "Go-Get Out"

• a grade is a measure of how well the person achieved the goals they set out to achieve.
    In regards to him fixing the economy, establishing TRUE HCR, and listening to the people He gets an F.

I will say for trying to collapse our economy, pass this abortion of HCR, and his action on Afghanistan in the eyes of the majority left he gets a B.

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:46 AM on Jan. 20, 2010