priapism?

For the last 8 months or so, my 17mo has been fussy with anything to do with his penis. He's very good when I change his diaper but when I wipe his penis or have to lift it up to clean under it, he cries. I didn't think much of it until he started getting more fussy..there is no redness or discharge so I didn't think it was anything to worry about. He's really the only boy in the family so nobody thought it was unusual. The doc noticed that he's ok if you touch his testicles or around his penis but does get highly agitated if his penis is touched. She asked if he often has an erection, which he doesn't too often, but he's never fully flaccid either. She wants him to see a urologist, but suspects he may have a minor case of priapism. Has anyone's son had this or anyone know anyone who has this? How is it treated?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 6:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No answers yet