Do you think this could be true? (fingernail problem)

One of my great aunts friend always said that when a woman has bad finger nails is bc she is either a very hard worker, a very good housekeeper or a very good at being a mommy.

But we all know that it could be a finger nail problem idk...I guess what she was trying to say was if a woman can have really nice nails all of the time they must not be that much of a housekeeper.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm a nursing assistant (hard work) and my house is always spotless (I wear gloves), and I try very hard to be a good mother. I also like to look presentable and feel it is best that since my job is to take care of others, that I at least look like I take care of myself.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I agree with your great aunt - I think she meant unpolished nails, shorter instead of longer in that the lady is too busy keeping a clean home, working hard at her job with her hands, or chasing kids and all that it involves being a mommy - I don't think she said that 'bad fingernails' meaning they looked infected or nasty all of the time like a woman was sick or constantly unbathed cuz of lack of intelligence to be that way.

I think if dear aunt meant bad nails due to illness she would have said so and it would have been passed down for folklore.

jmo dont look at my nail. I'm very very clean but just don't bother with polish cept for clear to shine em up.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My mother kept a spotless house, worked VERY hard and had unbelievably beautiful nails. So there goes that theory...although I do like it. Me with my short stubbies.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I tend to agree. I used to live with someone that would barely get her hands wet washing dishes because she didn't want to ruin her precious nails. She was a complete lazy ass.
    Anonymous