Worried...

im starting to worry about my 13 month old. I was reading on Babycenter.com for her age and it says

When she wants down, she'll point down; when she wants your attention, she'll tug your shirt. She's also understanding a good percentage of the simple language you use around her every day..

When she wants down she doesnt point, she just gets fussy and tries to get out of her highchair herself, when she wants stuff she doesnt point, however she does reach...I keep trying to get her to point at me when I says "where is mommy" but she doesnt. When she wants me she doesnt tug on my shirt but she does crawl over to me and pulls herself up on me and wraps her arms around my neck and gives me a hug (when im sitting obviously) ..I just dont know whats normal and whats not..she does alot of other things that I think are very smart! She has taken her first steps and is working on walking..she knows how to used her play microphone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• by pushing the button on it and babbling into it, she knows how to press buttons to make her toys work and push buttons on her music book to make it work..she is super curious and loves to explore, she knows how to find hidden objects ..she understands know, but sometimes she laughs at me instead of listening, she thinks its a game sometimes..probably because im not always serious enough
    Anonymous

• she sounds completely normal to me. I never liked teaching them "to point" because it can be a habit to break later on ("no, don't point, just tell me what you want") LOL. If she is making her needs known and playing with her toys, do not worry.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• my daughter didnt point at that age either, just means she is good at somethings and it meakes up for the ones its says she isnt doing. like my little one was walking on her own at 7 months but isnt talking all that much.stuff like that. dont worry ur baby is doing great,sometimes they focus on a certain area befor learning another area.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Reaching and pointing aren't much different at this age. If she's reaching for something but "they" say she should be pointing at it - same thing. She's fine.
    Anonymous

• i think the point is that she is communicating her needs to you, and/ or trying to take care of things herself. sounds very normal! don't worry!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 20, 2010