period during bfing

I just got my period and I haven't had one since before I got pregnant is that normal to get it even when your bfing my daughter is only 3 months so I have only been bfing for 3 months I thought I would get it later?

kissy92

Asked by kissy92 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes it is. Breastfeeding does not always stop you from ovulating. Some get it right away and some it takes longer.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• It is normal. I didn't get mine until 9 months after I had my son, but I know some women who exclusively breastfed their babies and they got their period within the first 3 months of giving birth.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 7:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• It is normal. The average is 6 months and some women are before that and some are well after. It also depends on many factors like if you give a bottle at all, ,a binkie at all, co sleep or not etc. I personally did not get mine back until about 15 months with both kids and I was still nursing at that point too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2010