For my Christian Sisters

Tody in my meditation with the Lord, I heard the Holy Spirit ask me how much have you grown in the last year? As I pondered on this question, I found out I have learned so much about God and how deep He really is. He as taken me through so many trials and have showed me many things about Him. I can honestly say that I have matured in my faith this year and have been able to hear His voice more clearly. Would any one else like to share of a spiritual growth experience?

ptomom678

Asked by ptomom678 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes,my prayer life has changed because of being married for awhile there had so many problems also with our finances but I just used that time to grow in my faith and my prayers and now I know God is pleased with my progress.I started praying to be filled with the spirit, love ,joy,peace,patience,kindness and self control and my irritation I had with my husband went away and I had more patience and love for parenting.I started learning about my sin nature and how it wants to do evil.I read in Galations 5-19,22 about my flesh and spirit wars.I look forward to praying now because when I do I'm filled with the spirit and the love of God abounds in me.I hear the spirit tell me at times not to talk back or argue with someone,it's comforting.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 7:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my twins my water broke at 14 weeks again and17 weeks. I started praying almost continually all day long. I always had a lot of faith but this was different. I was home on bed rest for four months. I would pray non stop. One night I was praying as I fell asleep and when I woke the next morning I was still reciting the same prayer over again, it felt like I'd never stopped. Its hard to explain the experience but everything around me just felt different after praying like this for many weeks. Anyway one baby had no amniotic fluid for almost the whole pregnancy and the other had almost none. Three weeks before they were born they developed a little pocket of fluid around their mouths to help their lungs develop. They were born premature at 31 weeks but healthy. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• This year my spiritual growth has been as strong as ever. I has learned so much about the world around me, my history, and about who I am. I've come to understand that the world I was living in was not reality, my God has shown me the way to the truth and the light. I found peace of mind and have learned to accept myself for who I am. I now am able to with great confidence embrace my culture, my heritage, and can openly acknowledge that there is a Mother God. It's something I knew all along but was raised to deny it. I feel free now to be able to do so w/o guilt or fear of going to hell.

~spoken

Anonymous

• Nah, I keep spiritual growth experiences between me and God. Posting them or talking about them sounds like I'm bragging.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• anon 7:27. the bible clearly tells us to share our testimony with one another. It strengthens the Body of Christ
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2010