• In the Spotlight:

Did anyones' little one go through a screaming phase in the middle on the night when their child was teething?

My son is 8 months and still has not gotten his first tooth. He has however been teething for quite some time. It started about a month ago where he would wake up screaming about an hour and half after we put him to bed. I'm not sure if he's having bad dreams, teething, or if is just a phase. It happens nightly however and I'm not sure what to do. We've tried putting him to bed a little later, longer bath, and tylenol. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

hugh-pa-do

Asked by hugh-pa-do at 7:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my baby had night terrors when she was teething for her first tooth. We actually talked to the doctor about it. Does he have a hard time "coming around" when you pick him up? that could be night terrors. You aren't suppose to try to wake them or move them (unless they are in danger) so check in when he screams but don't "wake" him. My DD looked awake, but when i finally listened to the doctor and left her alone, she rolled over after about 15 minutes and "went back to sleep".

I say talk to your doctor before taking my advice though. maybe he is just scared of the dark.
    honeybee429

Answer by honeybee429 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My bf and I just got over that with our son. He's eight months too.
    We just comforted him, gave him some orjael, and if we thought he needed it, gave him a dosage of Tylenol.

It'll pass.
    We moved on from the teething screams straight into the seperation anxiety cries, lol.
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 8:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• This is what worked for us:

Hylands teething tabs
    frozen, damp washcloths
    lots of extra nursing (for comfort as much as for nutrition)

Answer by rkoloms at 7:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2010