You are raising rude children

How many of you think(and or know) of several parents that are raising rude children? It seems this generation of parents make excuses for the child's behavior.

Are you raising rude children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think many moms are raising rude kids and it's sad. The ones that really lose out in life are the kids that are raised to be so rude. If you raise your child to be rude, your child's friendships will suffer. Their success in life will also suffer.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Is that you truthteller?
    Anonymous

• we all are - any child whose cried in public or yelled in public no matter the reason some passerby thinks the child's rude
    Anonymous

• i Am raising the rude child. Because she will speak her mind and she will let her voice be heard. If she doesn't like her seat in the back of the classroom, I expect her to speak up. If she is being bullied in the back of the bus and the driver wont do anything about it, I hope she beats the crap out of that kid. I hope she snaps back at the rude strangers that say things about her instead of brushing it off and crying when she gets home. I do expect her to respect her authoritarian figures, but im sick as hell of Politally Correct crap and how women are expected to be polite in a society that holds them down. And one day, when she notices she didn't get a promotion at her job because of male domination in the workforce, she will probably lose her job because her momma taught her to speak her mind. oh well.
    So yeah, my kids will be "rude" i suppose.
    honeybee429

Answer by honeybee429 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I raised three wonderful human beings and rudeness was never around, they learn by example.

Answer by older at 7:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• to the second anon poster... You said it. I'll add that some people think kids are rude just because they are kids.
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• so did your mom
    Anonymous

• Speaking up for yourself is not the same as being rude. How you speak up for yourself and express yourself can be considered rude.

I do think a lot of today's children are being raised without manners and it's disgusting. Neither one of my sons (ages 16 and 20) would even consider behaving the way many of their peers behave. I believe that many parents encourage their kids to be rude because they have a persecution complex.
    RunninRagged64

Answer by RunninRagged64 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• MOST PEOPLE WHO HAVE RUDE CHILDREN DO NOT THINK SO (LOOK AT THE ANSWERS ABOVE). THEY WILL MAKE EXCUSES FOR THEM AS WELL AS THEIRSELVES. DON'T BLAME THE KIDS, THEY ARE ACTING THAT WAY BECAUSE ITS ACCEPTABLE TO THEIR PARENT(s). IN GENERAL, VERY SELDOM DO I HEAR THE WORDS: PLEASE, THANK YOU, EXCUSE ME, PARDON ME ETC. ITS A LACK OF EDUCATION OF THEIR PARENTS WHO DON'T BOTHER TO TEACH MANNERS, AND WITHOUT MANNERS THEY WILL NEVER SUCCEED IN THE BUSINESS WORLD, OTHER THAN WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH THAT.
    Anonymous

• I agree with RunninRagged. You can have your opinions and not express them in a rude and callous way!
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 9:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2010