I have had a tuble ligation 3 years ago on febuary 9. My last period was the first week of December. Does anyone know what would be causing this?

Butterfirefly04

Asked by Butterfirefly04 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Health

• Why it does what?
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 8:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• DEPENDS ON WEATHER YOUR PERIODS ARE NORMALLY 28 DAYS. YOU ARE ONLY 2 WEEKS LATE, COULD TAKE A PREG TEST OR CALL DOCTOR FOR CHECK UP. SOMETIMES STRESS OR ILLNESS CAN MAKE YOU LATE. GOOD LUCK
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Oh I see now it could be changing where u have your Period at the end of the month.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 9:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Lots of things (other than pregnancy or illness) can mess with your period. Some of them are stress, change in diet, change in exercise, spending a lot of time around a different woman, and early signs of menopause.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Many times women with tubals report changes in the way their cycles cycle. If that is the only thing you are experiencing you are one of the lucky ones. ;)
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 8:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I think it's just your cycle messing with you. Mine does that too, from time to time. I had my tubal 4 years ago this March. Sometimes, I miss the regular 28 day cycle of the pills, but not enough to take them again. :)
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:50 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I know three women who had tubal ligations who had babies after. I would take a preg. test if I were you. One of the women I know got pregnant 6 years after the tubal ligation.
    jeng1980

Answer by jeng1980 at 9:27 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• It could be as simple as you skipped due to stress, or you could be preggo. You need to find out if you're preggo ASAP though- women who have had a tubal ligation have a larger risk of having an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy, which is something that needs to be dealt with quickly.
    I would home test & see what comes up. But if you start having any of these symptoms (scroll down a little), get to the e.r. as quickly as you can.
    Good luck, mama!!

emslala

Answer by emslala at 10:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Take a test..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2010