A second baby shower?

So...someone wants to throw me a baby shower/ladies lunch. What exactly is the etiquette the second time around? I had a boy first, and now I will be having a girl. I don't need anything huge...just a playpen really, which we were going to buy any. It's mostly clothing and diapers. Thoughts?

bashishot

Asked by bashishot at 8:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It sounds delightful. Especially the lunch idea. The guests should know you, so they should know what you want, or they can ask the host, or they'll pick out cute things that are fun to shop for, usually little outfits.

Answer by Bmat at 8:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• i didnt have a second baby shower, bc i was told people dont really do that. but i think just do something nice, and write in the invitation that people need not feel obligated. congrats
    Anonymous

• Oh hunny...I just had my third baby and I had a baby shower with each pregnancy and with this one I had 2...so i had 3 all together...let them throw you one. If someone is willing to do it then let them do it. At least you arent like some people and demanding a baby shower. If they ask you what you need just be honest and tell them mostly clothes and diapers. Good Luck and Have a great time!
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 8:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• my mom is going to throw me one in may most likely and i told her if she can put in the invites gife cards or money but not really need to buy a gift or anything cause were going to have everything between friends giving us things already i have a closet full of baby stuff and i just got in my 2 trim yesterday mainly all we need is dippers and stuff like that were getting a carseat with our taxs and the big stuff so we dont really need much and this is our first kid but its fine with sec my friend had one with her sec and it was fine just let the one throwing it know what you need and if they dont know what to get gift cards or money maybe
    Anonymous

• Baby showers dont' have to be about the gifts. They call the second time around "shower" a "Sprinkle". It's just simply a celebration of the coming baby without the gifts. You can also eliminate the games if you would like to. It's perfectly fine to have a second baby shower or a sprinkle.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2010