my doctor told me my cervix was short im 26 weeks its 2 cm its supposed to be 3 is that bad has anyone had that problem did u have your baby normal or soon

will the baby live if i have it around 27 or 28 weeks my doctor didnt really tell me i didnt understand.....if my cervix is short should i be ok n carry the baby normally everything else was fine shes 2 lbs 2 onces...anyone have this problem before..?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ok hun mine was short also...but they caught mine early enough to repair it. basically the tunnel that is holding closed to keep your baby in is getting shorter which could cause it to open and start early labor. up to about 20 weeks they can put a stitch around it to keep it from opening but since u are farther along you will more than likely be put on strict bedrest to keep any additional pressure off ur cervix. i had my first 5 weeks early and the second was 3 days late. if you arent already on bedrest then u will be shortly. it should help keep u from going into labor so soon. also to ease ur pain my aunt delivered at 21 weeks and her daughter is alive and well at 8 yrs old. also your cervix will be short on all future pregnancies so next time be prepared for the cerclage to close it!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:52 AM on Jan. 23, 2010