At 11 months should my baby be taking an am nap (9 am) and a 1:30 or 2 pm nap?

When do kids start taking one nap? My baby takes a nap around 9 am until 10 am, and then from 1:30 to 3:30 pm. Sometimes she is taking a nap from 12:30 - 2:30 pm...so she is trying out new things? What should she be doing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every child is different. Some may need a morning nap and some will quite them very soon. If you baby needs it then keep the morning nap.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Naps are according to need, not age. If your child needs to sleep, let her.
    Anonymous

• My oldest took two naps until he was 15 months old. He is now three and takes one 2 1/2 to 3 hour nap. He just likes his sleep. My second son gave up the morning nap at nine months. He is now two and takes shorter naps in the afternoon (1 1/2 to 2 hours) but he has also always wanted to go to bed early at night. Every child is different, just follow her lead.
    Anonymous