My daughter is allergic to dairy, any food suggestions????HELP? she is 11 months old.

She is also allergic to soy. So I give her dairy free yogurt and pita bread, etc. What other suggestions for food? Does any one have some good ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can make almost anything that doesnt contain dairy or soy, i dont understand what the problem is, get some cookbooks or google recipes and start.
    Anonymous

• Rice or almond milk is what i give my son. but he will only have almond milk if it's in something like cereal...but both don't have a lot of vitamins so make sure you give extra vitamins :)

My son loves brown rice and they make a brown rice cheese I get from wholefoods that he loves. For pizza I still use mozarella and he seems to do okay with that but I only use a very little ammount on top.

Please don't use soy products. You might want to look up darkside of soy or darkside of soy baby formula http://www.rense.com/general75/fav.htm
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 8:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• also my son loves the rice yogurt. I lost the recipe but I am sure you can google one.
    stummegirl

• I am so sorry that you were not aware of the risks of introducing allergy trigger foods before age 1.

It will be easier if you keep all soy and diary products out of your house. Animals are fed soy, so you probably need to keep meat out of your home, too.

Build meals around the following stapes:

fruits
    vegetables
    beans
    lentils
    quinoa
    brown rice
    other grains
    seitan

Send me a message offlist if you would like some meal ideas and recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:37 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• milk does not need a substitute. if you want to give cereal, try oatmeal. just feed your lo as usual, veggies, fruits...just like rkoloms said!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• There is a "yogurt" made from coconut milk, and while I think it's gross, my son LOVES it. Look for casein on ingredient lists, that's a keyword for milk, or milk protien.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2010