Have you ever been pregnant with a Mirena?

I have a two and a half year old and got the Mirena at my six week check up. Well I have had it for over 2yrs and am now having symptoms of pregnancy. I have been unbearable to be around. I am soooo crabby, 2-3 weeks late, sore boobs, constipation, and very tired. I took a test a week ago and it said negative. If anyone has any answers for please help!!!!!
Thank you

Kaceymarie

Asked by Kaceymarie at 8:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would say you need to take to your Dr there are so many things that could be going on. And if you are pregnant there is always the risk of tubal pregnancy with mirena.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• well i dont have mirena, but i did have the paraguard IUD in for a year and im now 26 weeks pregnant with boy #4. I became pregnant right after i stopped bf my younges son. I was 6 weeks preg when i finally got a positive result. I had 2 neg results first. I had my IUD removed right away because of the risk of M/C when an IUD is in place. I hear somethime the IUD is left in if your preg. if they cant find it, but mine was still in place so mine was removed. Good luck...i would call your doc. to get checked out.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2010