What's the longest you've been on hold (on the phone)?

A few days ago I waited 35 min to make an appt for my son's Ped. Today I've waiting 20 min on the Dept of Water n Power. I'm wondering how my of my life I'm wasting away on hold??

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was on hold one time with the unemplyment office for like an hour..I waited that long bc if you hang up you wont ever get through....
    Anonymous

• 94 minutes... My insurance company kept switching me from "a" to "b" and back. So, I decided those b#st*rds were NOT going to outlast me. I wasn't even mad about it. I was surfing the net. When they finally came back, I said, "Hang on a sec, I'm almost done with this level".... That made the rep. mad but she waited. LOL
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• haha Tina! Thats funny. I have been on hold for almost 3 hours. I dont remember who it was that i was calling but i knew if i got off the phone then i would never get a hold of them.
    Anonymous

• I was chewing on something and I hung up by accident :P!!! So I had to call back LOL!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• the longest I have been put on hold was 57 hrs. I had a speaker phone and a cell phone so I just put the phone on speaker and nobody ever came back. If I needed to make a call I used my cell phone. It was a 800 number so I didn't worry about the bill going up. I finally just got tired of it and hung up the phone.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• WOW< Juggalette0327, 57 hours! I thought my 9 hours was outragous. I did get through. Our call was about a 10 dollar er minute call I was charged for for long distance. It was a scam company and a lot of people were up set. This was in the 1990's .
    we have free long distance and refuse to use a pay phone.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I have to hang up after an hour or I won't be able to say anything nice. So, 1 hour is my longest for being on hold.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2010