What would you do...

I was leaving Wal-Mart today and I was parked next to a little red car and saw something, someone moving in the back. I saw a little boy wrapped in a coat maybe around 3 sitting in the car. No parents, no one in the car, the car is running and it's 33 degrees out. What would you do?

KristinLovesJ

Asked by KristinLovesJ at 8:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• call the police and wait by the car to make sure he was safe till they arrived
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Pull out my cell phone and dial 911
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Pull out my phone and call 911!! I would have stayed there to make sure that he was ok
    Anonymous

• what did u do?
    Anonymous

• i would eaither call police and hung out but also write licence plate # down so if the adult came out before the police showed up i could give them the plate # and car discription..how horrible poor lil kid. i dont care if ur running in to get a pack of gum never leave a child that young by them shelf in a running car..something horrible couldve happend..car thef, injury, put car in drive..froze..its endless..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I probably would have just waited by the car until someone came. Im quite sure I wouldnt have called the police. Its not right and its a horrible thing to do, but you dont know anyone situations so I just wouldnt do it.
    I would have just waited..
    Anonymous

• Call the police.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• There is NEVER EVER any situation that justifies leaving a small child alone in a car at ANY time, let alone a running car in 30 degree weather!!!
    Now I know why some people answer anonymously... They know their answers are NOT the answers a responsible parent would give.
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 6:46 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I think you are right to be concerned-- I hope you wrote down a description of the car and the plates, and I hope you called the police. I feel sorry for the child because chances are this is not the first (or last) time the parent/s left him alone in a running car, and goodness knows something like that can turn into a tragedy in the blink of an eye---- carjacking, kidnapping, child playing in the car and getting in an accident/kiled.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I would have stayed by the car until the parent came back to make sure the little one was okay. I know it's a popular thing to call the police, etc., but I've seen the foster care system.....let's just leave it at that.
    Anonymous