Im so mad at the little bullies

My 5year old Bradly is in kindergarten and we recently moved and he has changed schools. Its his second week in and some little punk was making fun of his rain boots because they are cute little green frogs... My son was so hurt and confused... When we bought them he couldn't wait to wear them and now he is begging me to not put them on him at school... what should I do? This is the part I hate Because as a mother I want to yell at the other kid lol jk but honestly I hate the fact that I'm not there to protect him....

beautiful2257

Asked by beautiful2257 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You and your little guy have two choices-give in and don't wear his super cool boots or wear those boots proudly and when the bully says anything have a snappy come back like "why do you care about my boots?" I honestly think that young kids just don't think before they talk. If he has big brothers that talk that way to him, he is just use to it OR his parents have never taken the time to monitor his social skills so he has none! Most little guys are not "mean" in their core- they just lack social skills!
    As far as protecting him- thats a natural instinct-but this can be a learning experience where you teach your son to stick up for himself in a positive way.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• unfortunatly we all go thru this I am a mother of 3 and my oldest son would get picked on all the time . what i did was try to put myself in his shoes. and would encourage him to ask why this kid doesnt like you are why do's this person call you names . my son was a questioner and he would go ask the bully the whys . maybe he would like to wear them at home but not at school or maybe your son should talk to the bully and ask him why he doesnt like the shoes the might be able to talk about it. just encourage the talk proccess it sometimes make enimies , your best friend
    inmemoryofjacob

Answer by inmemoryofjacob at 11:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Quit buying him things that you know will get him laughed at.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• ^^^ Well, I guess that answers why some kids have no social skills huh?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2010