So what do you guys think of marriage?

I would love to get married..however i know there are pros and cons!
Ladies?

you dont have to be married to answer..everyone is welcome!

Thanks guys

thelook151

Asked by thelook151 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Its worth it to me! My son has his dad and me and my husband get along great. we have arguments but they are over nothing. And that usually happens when i am on my period lol. I recommend it. =D
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I like the firm commitment made by my husband. We loved one another and knew enough about one another that we decided to always be faithful to each other in plenty and want, in joy and in sorrow, and in sickness and in health.We promised this in church before God and our friends and families. Marriage involves realizing that there will be very bad times, but loving each other enough to put the other person's welfare about your own wants. It is a serious decision that should only be made after discussing finances, money-handling, children and child-raising, dealing with extended family, goals and beliefs. Being married should be based on more than lust, it should be based on love.

Answer by Bmat at 8:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I love my husband. But if I could go back I wouldn't have ever got married. There is really no benefits beyond living together, which we did prior to marriage.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Well it's hard work but there are alot of beifits. Definatly not something to rush into.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• It is extremely difficult.
    Anonymous

• Married and the best sex I've ever had whenever I want it. Going on 5 years.
    Anonymous

• I love my boyfriend but we're not getting married for a long while... to me it's just a piece of paper, but then again, life IS what you make it.
    Anonymous

• I've been married 3 times. I think it's domestic servitude. I wouldn't do it again for love nor money

Answer by admckenzie at 8:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• oh man! where do I start. It has been the most crazy roller coaster ride I have ever been on..... It is tough, specially when your partner tramples on your moral believes......BUT I do love it too! I feel safe when my hubby is around and he is very loving and my GOD can that man f!!@#. That was a bit crude, but you get my point. I would have to say the pros outweigh the cons. hands down.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I'm reading "commited" by Elizabeth Gilbert and she addresses this right on. There are no huge pros to marriage for women like there used to be. We don't need a man to catch our food or protect us. We don't need a man because we have rights that we haven't always had, like opening a bank account or owning property. We can even have kids without a man. Even though we still average less income than a man, we can provide for ourselves. The benefit to being married is love, companionship, and stability. As a divorced woman, I know that can all change. I could never be sure in a relationship like I was before, but I do have an amazing boyfriend. We live together and do plan to marry, and I'm excited to have that commitment with someone like him.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2010