I HAVE FIBROS AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF EXERCISE I CAN DO TO HELP ME LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE I HAVE SURGERY?

I AM PLANNING ON HAVING SURGERY TO REMOVED MY FIBROS,BUT I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT FIRST BEFORE I HAVE IT DONE I'M TIRED OF LOOKING LIKE I'M PREGNANT AND TELLING PEOPLE THAT I HAVE FIBROS.I'M TIRED OF PEOPLE ASKING ME IF I'M GOING TO LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE THE SURGERY.I WANT TO KNOW ARE THERE ANY KIND OF EXERCISE THAT WILL HELP ME I AM DESPERATE I REALLY NEED SOME HELP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Have you tried aqua aerobics? I lost weight by cutting out my sugar and bad starch. No sugar or processed anything. Mostly raw...I lost 50 lbs in 5 months...that's 10 lbs a month. I also just go to the park and play with my son and ride bikes and aqua aerobics and other aerobics (wii fit LOL)
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 8:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I had my fibroids removed and it wasn't a major surgery. Losing weight is always a great idea but keep in mind that if your tummy muscles are stretched out losing weight won't help. If the doctor is going to do invasive surgery then tell him/her to do a tummy tuck while in there.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Stummegirl has great recommendations. Aerobic exercise- dancing, running, swimming, tennis, jogging, - active stuff. Plus cutting out bad carbs such as white flour and grains and sugar.

Answer by Bmat at 8:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• WHAT IS AQUA AEROBICS? I DO WALK ALOT AND GO TO THE PARK WALK UP AND THE STAIRS AND WATCH WHAT I EAT,BUT STILL NOTHING CAN'T RIDE A BIKE OR ROLLERSKATE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS THAT WILL HELP ME.
    evangcathy

Answer by evangcathy at 8:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• admckenzie,the doctors told me that a tummy tuck is cosmetic surgery,that's why i'm trying to lose weight before the surgery.i was also told that i could wait till menopause and that would help me out,i'm 44 and i don't want to wait till it's too late.
    evangcathy

Answer by evangcathy at 8:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Aqua Aerobics aka Water or Pool Aerobics. My city does it...most fitness centers do it. if you have a pool where you live?

well like i said Take out ALL your sugar. I am talking about everything that has sugar in it. Katchup other condiments, cookies etc. I have NO sugar. The only sugar I have is in my fruit and berries. Use extra virgin olive oil instead of other oils. Eat lots of proteins that are good like nuts, beans, if you eat meat then turkey and chicken, I mean if this is for your health like the reason I lost weight then you should REALLY be careful about what you eat.

Is that what you are doing or maybe you are not eating enough? sometimes when you don't eat enough your metabolism doesnt work right. and to maintain a healthy metabolism and blood sugar level it is best to have some sort of protein every hour. Even if it is just a few nuts or seeds.

There is really nothing else!
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 8:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• thank you i will keep it up,there is no pool near me that's why i walk alot jog alittle,but i will keep trying and let you know how i'm coming along thank you.
    evangcathy

Answer by evangcathy at 9:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• What about a community center pool? That is a GREAT way to lose weight and also help when other exercise is tough for you especially if you are in pain all the time.

Good luck!
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 9:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• thanks i will look into that.
    evangcathy

Answer by evangcathy at 9:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Do cardio and watch what you eat. Yon only need about 1200 calories per day and need to burn 3500 to lose a pound. You burn around 2500 per day with daily activity...like getting ready in the morning and walking normally during the day. You will not lose weight overnight, it takes work. There is no magic trick to it, but the more muscle you put on the more efficently your metabolism will work and the more calories it will burn. Muscle burns more calories than fat. I've been doing 30 minutes of cardio (elliptial machine) at least 5 times per week and then yoga (at least 10 minutes...usually 20) like 3 times per week and have lost 30 lbs in 3 months. I watch what I eat and try to eat lots of protein...I usually have a smoothie made of milk, blueberries and protein powder every morning. The mornings I don't I have a packet of oatmeal and a hard boiled egg. It does matter how you eat and exercise. Change your lifestyle.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2010