Mirena?

Im having mirena put in tomorrow and im nervous.
What was your expericences good and bad?
What were your periods like?
What about sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had Mirena put in back in July after giving birth to my first child in March. The measuring of the cervix hurts. I won't lie! Nothing compared to giving birth though. And it is quick! My husband has still yet to notice the strings. Make sure you have them curl the ends! That will make a huge difference for you! I learned the hard way! The strings are like fishing line so imagine that poking in the inner nether region! Not fun! I am still exclusively breast feeding my son and haven't had a period since before conceiving although I do have spotting from time to time, especially after sex. I love it though! I don't have to think about it or anything. I check my strings every month to make sure they are still where they are supposed to be but other than that, its hassle free and so far, very effective! We aren't expecting a brother or sister for our son yet! THANK GOODNESS!
    Good Luck!
    KadenAlansMommy

Answer by KadenAlansMommy at 12:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Experience= It didnt hurt going in. A pelvic exam was more painful then getting it put in.
    Periods= After 1 I didnt have anymore. Ive had it for almost 2 years.
    Sex= For the first couple of times my husband could feel the strings poking him. Other than that nothing is different.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Oh good question, I want to know to. Thinking of different birth control options, depo didn't work out for me.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I had a horrible experience with it. It was extremely painful going in, and I broke out in a rash. I had labor like pain for a few weeks after. I had it put in in March and in July I was still bleeding. I also got several infections and a horrible smell, and had to be treated with antibiotics. I got rid of it!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2010