how old and what height do your child stops riding in a booster seat

my daughter is 6 weighs about 60 lbs and is about 4ft is she under the limit of staying in a booster seat? please help me out!

mamasloves

Asked by mamasloves at 9:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• there is a car seat group in here but you have to look at your carseat or booster manual...if you don't have it then usually the company will have it on their website. But in all acutality you child is supposed to stay in their carseat until around age 10-12. But we all know that is NEVER going to happen...lol
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 9:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• sorry I stay in their booster seat
    stummegirl

• there are actually state laws that require them to be there until a ceertain age. Check with your state(google it ) and see what the minimun requirements. I would let her stay as long as she will.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• In NC the law is at least 8 years old unless they are 4'9" before their 8th birthday. There is no weight restriction in the law, the booster seats are to position the child at the right height for protection for the seat belt, weight doesn't matter.

Answer by missanc at 9:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I would try to consider her safety first. Google "the five step test" and it will help you decide if she is big enough to ride without her booster.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 9:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• she is under the limit...sorry
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I believe here it is 8 years old or 80 lbs. My DD will be in one til she is tall enough for the belt to fit across her properly, so probably til she is at least 8. She is tall but petite for her age. She's 5 right now and is just about 45" tall and weighs about 42 lbs so she has a way to go lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• In Michigan it is 4'9 or Eight years old.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My oldest just turned 8, is roughly 60 lbs, and we just started letting her go without being in a booster. My 2nd is 6.5, roughly 50 lbs, and is still in her booster, and will be for at least a year and a half.
    Anonymous

• Here it is two of the three, age 8, 80 lbs or 4'9"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on Jan. 20, 2010