Progesterone Injections to prevent preterm labor?

I've received my first injection Friday, and right after the shot I blacked out, almost fainted and after I came out of it was all sweaty and then threw up.. Could this mean I'm allergic to it, since the nurse said it wasn't from the medicine but more than likely from the shot itself?

I don't know if I believe her because I'm usually good with shots.. It's an IM injection that takes a little longer (like 15 secs) to get the medication in since it's a thick liquid.. and it burns while going in.. Just trying to piece together why I could have blacked out, because that's very scary to me and I want to know if it's worth keep getting them.

for those who don't know what they are.. it is a weekly shot to prevent preterm labor when you are pregnant.. NOT a birth control.
(No, no signs of preterm labor yet, but doc. wanted me to start them anyway)

Po0okiebear69

Asked by Po0okiebear69 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had them and they told me light headedness, shaking and nasuea was a symptom. I had all those reactions you had except I did not black out. Did a nurse/dr give it to you? If so they should have explained this to you. I am surprised they didn't say anything to you. I would get a new dr. or at least start asking them questions.
    Anonymous

• I had progestrone supplements in both pill and vaginal insert forms. I was never told there was a shot.

Do you have a short cervix, or other condition that makes you prone to preterm labor? I have a unicornate uterus and short cervix so I had a cerclage, (sew the cervix shut) .
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2010