I need diaper rash help

with my 1st son i never dealt with diaper rash he never got it and if he did it was gone in a day or 2 my 6 mth old has it bad now he has had it for a week and a half and i dont think its getting any better. i put diaper rash cream on him every time i change him but i need more advice....any lil tricks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I NEVER use diaper rash cream. My mom did daycare for 17 yrs and taught me to use corn starch. I use a spoon and pour it on my daughter's bottom and it clears it up fast. Plus it doesn't stick to her bum. Also vaseline or bag balm is ok to use. Cornstarch is the best b/c is soaks up the moisture and helps dry it out quickly! Good Luck
    Emma7-11-09

Answer by Emma7-11-09 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• wal mart carrie this stuff called resinol.....it isnt with the baby stuff and if you go to the pharmacy counter they can help you find it....it is a medicated ointment but works better then any other diaper rash cream that i have....its amazing!
    juliak818

Answer by juliak818 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• butt pase u can get anyweres i love the stuff..also fresh air..air it out. yes he will pee but it can be cleaned up and deoderized.. fresh air is the best home remedy and its free. best of luck...poor lil guy.
    Anonymous

• Some babies are allergic to disposable diapers, that can cause a pretty constant rash. I like Lil' Outlaws Rump Rub for rashes, you can buy it here: http://www.liloutlaws.net

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• my daughter had a horrible rash I took her to several different doctors and they gave me a million creams and ointments until finally I tried cortizone 10. you can buy it over the counter and it soothes the pain and takes away alot of redness. my daughter come to find out was having problems with formula we tried many kinds and when she turned 11 months I put her on regular milk and the rash went away and never came back.
    dej11262008

Answer by dej11262008 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• could be A YEAST INFECTION, MY DAUGHTER HAD A RASH THAT WOULDNT GO AWAY AND I FELT SILLY TAKING HER TO THE DR. BUT WHEN I DID SHE SAID IT WASNT A RASH BUT A YEAST INFECTION, SHE GAVE ME A RX. AND IT CLEARED RIGHT UP! damn sorry about caps but i'm not re-typingLOL
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 9:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Every babies bottom is different. I find butt paste did nothing for my daughter but A&D ointment works wonders. There is also this stuff called Dr. Smith's diaper ointment works really well. If you can, let him go nakie for awhile. Airing his bottom out may just do the trick. Good Luck mama! I hope you find something that works.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• If diaper rash cream isn't working then use a corn starched based Johnson and Johnson powder. The reason I say Johnson and Johnson is because it is made specifically for babies. Corn starch soaks up the moisture and clears up the skin.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I have 3 children and I work in the infant room at a daycare and alot of parents use aquaphor and maalox on bad diaper rashes and it has always worked. You just take the aquaphor and add maalox to it and make it a paste and apply
    Daphnesangel

Answer by Daphnesangel at 10:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• But paste works good and also there is an A&D diaper rash ointment that works wonders for my son. It is the only thing that will work with him. good luck and hope it gets better soon. Also keep using baby powder for a little while after to keep him dry. Thats what i have to do with my son all the time or he will get a bad rash.
    Anonymous