baby vicks?

someone i work with said to put vicks on my babys feet then put his socks on him to help un congest (sp?) him....just wondering if anyone else has ever heard of this

juliak818

Asked by juliak818 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, I figured you put it on their chest...Maybe its one of those silly wife tales.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• thats what i thought and maybe a lil under his nose....but she swears by it
    juliak818

Answer by juliak818 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• The chest works, but some people also believe that putting it on their feet works. Some of my friends swear by it and even do it on themselves. It helps my kiddos, but doesn't fix everything. For us, it mostly just helps them get a better nights sleep.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• There was an actual study conducted.Since the feet abosorb substances faster then anywhere else on the body, it was proven that vicks reacts quicker if applied to the feet. I have done this with my son and it does work. Vicks itself isn't a cure-all, but it does relieve a lot of the congestion and nasal swelling to help baby sleep better.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• ive done it on my daughter and it works great i put it on her feet then put her socks on and rub a tiny bit on her chest
    TaiZombie

Answer by TaiZombie at 4:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2010