Home business & credit card payments - what merchant account do you use?

For those of you with a business that accepts credit card payments, what merchant account to you use? There are so many and I don't understand most of the lingo so I'm at a loss which one to choose.

momof2girls05

Asked by momof2girls05 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• We actualy don't use a merchant account with our carpet cleaning business. It's just a process we didn't want to deal with, applying, paying too many fees....we use paypal and propay, and yes there are still fees involved but less than what a merchant account would be.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Thank you Jack's mom!!! Propay is something I was looking at but wondered if there was anything better. My husband actually mentioned Paypal but I'm not sure it will work for me. I'll have to look into it more I guess. My website won't have a shopping cart, so this will all be POS. Thanks again for your input!!!
    momof2girls05

Answer by momof2girls05 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2010