Income based apartment-have you heard of this?

We were denied an apt at an income based apt because I have a home based business. Has anyone heard of this? They said its a government regulation and yet HUD or housing has never heard of this regulation. Also, I don't really do this at home, its parties done outside the home and I also do child care watching kids by state pay maybe 2-3 times a month.

mrsmilander

Asked by mrsmilander at 9:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yea I was denied also b/c of my then boyfriends 'self employment' they said there are laws regarding the use of the home/apt. for business purpose, not sure the fine print but i have heard of it!
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 9:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• HUD doesn't follow the subsidised housing rules. They are two different orginizations.
    I can see that as that being the case. I cannot tell you why that would be the case though. It sounds like a lagit reason. I would think that it would cause too much foot traffic in the complex, as well as may not be considered standard employment. As in work outside of the home. There might be liabilities attached to this, that would cause the government or specific RA housing to stray from allowing home based buisness' into the complex.

Go to your local government's website and look up the rules and regulations for qualifying for RA housing.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Our apt. denies rentals to those who have a home based business as the primary source of income.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yup, happens a lot out here. So stupid if you ask me! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2010