OK ?

I HAVE VERY LARGE /WIDE HIPS ....DO YOU THINK THIS DRESS WOULD LOOK GOOD ON ME .....IM A SIZE 18 AND IM SHAPED LIKE A HOUR GLASS! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think the thick band decoration at the waist is going to make your waist look bigger. No horizontal lines.

The fabric is stiff-- something flowing down, using gravity to drop from your waist line down, will lengthen you. You want vertical effects whenever possible
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Do you happen to know what size the dress in the picture is?
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 10:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• NO BUT THEY DO HAVE IT FROM SIZE 6 TO SIZE 28!
    Anonymous

• Although it's a cute dress, I think it will not work well for your body type. You want something that doesn't bunch around the waist. The pleats in this dress will accentuate the hips, which is not what you're really going for. Something loose fitting that naturally flows would be better. Above the knee would be good (like the pic above) will elongate the legs. Good luck!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I agree with ludvicsmith, the waistband is in just the right spot to flatter your figure. Loose fitting clothes can just make you look bigger, like your wearing a tent or something, you have an hourglass figure? Show it off!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 10:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Does it come in black?
    Anonymous

• Woo hoo! Absolutely!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• With an hourglass figure, I think the pleats in the front will cause your hips to look wider than they are. Also avoid any dress that goes Straight down. I would see if you can find a dress with an A-line skirt. With an hourglass figure you should try to go for a strapless dress as well. If you arent comfortable with a strapless top try a V-line or scoop neck.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Anonymous

• Can you post a headless body pic so we can visualize better, since you're getting varied responses?
    Anonymous