Birth Control Shot?[ VERY CURIOUS]

Well Let Me Begin, I Got On Birth Control Shots On December 3oth To Be Exact I had sex on Decenber 27th My Period Was Due December 6th or 7th... Before They gave me the shot they did give a blood pregnancy test but im most certain that even a blood test could not tell if i was pregnant that early. Could it be possible that i am pregnant... i want to get a test but i want advice to be certain...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you are talking about depo, I never had a period the whole time I was on it. No bleeding at all.
    Anonymous

• A blood test can detect pregnancy about 7-12 days from possible conception. Hope that helps.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• The shot is supposed to be given WHILE you are ON your period - if they gave it to you between periods they screwed up.
    Anonymous

• I have a friend who had a period for the first 2 months straight when she got on it. They refused to give her the shot at first because she didn't remember the exact date of the last time she and her dh had sex. So they did a pg test, made her a new appt to have a second test done and get the shot, and she was under dr's orders not to have any sex during the week between appts. One nurse over the phone made her feel all guilty that the 2 month period was like a miscarriage from the pg tests being wrong because they were too early. It was just horrible for her.
    So anyway I'm surprised they gave you the shot without a second test. I think the only way you will get an answer you will be satisfied with is to go have another test done. Maybe go to a different dr.
    Anonymous

• I never had a pregnancy test prior to the depo because I just wouldnt have sex the cycle before i got on it. I was on the depo three different times and none of those times did i have a period. The point of depo is to tell your body that you are pregnant so you will continue to have pregnancy symptoms (like possibly sore breasts and weight gain) I wouldnt trip on being pregnant just because you didnt have a period becuase I didnt have a period for over a year each of the three times i was on the shot. I am assuming your expected period date of Dec 6th should have said Jan 6th, am I correct? Because if you didnt get a period in Dec then yes, the blood test should have detected a pregnancy. But if you meant Jan, then I would just assume you are a lucky one who wont get a period:) If it was Jan 6th then I am assuming you had a period around Dec 6th and based on an average cycle, you woulnt have been fertile on Dec 27th
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• The shot takes a few months to get out of your system according to the Dr when I was getting it. I hated the depo shot and everyone I know that has been on it has either bled the whole time or not bled at all. My mom took it for about a year and she didn't have her period for 2 years after and joked that she finally felt like a woman again after she got her period back. IMO I don't think you would get pregnant because it'll take longer for the bc to get out of your system.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I had an irregular period while on Depo. I also got pregnant on it so... Im no help here...
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2010