SUCkiNG NOiSESz WhilE fEEdiNG

So whether my son Adrian is breast feeding or bottle feeding he makes this weird sucking noise, and i'm mexican and there are some things that my mom does, i'd rather not say, cause if you aren't mexican you wouldn't know what's up. But it's something that has worked for other people. But after being done to adrian it didn't work. I am a new mom but a lot of time when people answer my questions, lets just say yes i turn the bottle or adjust him on my boob, etc. But nothing has made him stop. Any ideas on why he does it? And how to get him to stop?

AdRiANS_MOMMi09

Asked by AdRiANS_MOMMi09 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ignore all the unhelpful posts.

He could be tongue tied. If he can't get a good latch then he will make sucking noises. He shouldn't be taking in air while on the breast, that I do know. The latch should be nice and tight. If he can't stick his tongue out past his lips then it's a possibility. My son had his frenulum clipped when he was a baby because we had latch problems.

Good luck.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• If you can type NORMAL in the post then WHY feel the need to type with that childish type for the subject?
    I doubt people can read it the FIRST time they try to.

BABIES SUCK WHEN *GASP* THEY ARE SUCKING TO EAT!
    Anonymous

• Ok....please make sense. You tried what exactly. And you child makes sucking noises. Some babies do.
    Anonymous

• Oh and I REALLY suggest a parent class and book.
    Just like what has been suggested to you MANY times.
    Anonymous

• Babies suck to get the milk out. What do you expect him to do? And what weird mexican thing did you guys do to the baby anyhow? My husband is mexican so yeah I"ve heard of all kinds of weird stuff.
    Anonymous

• shove more boob in his mouth he's not getting enough
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• First off, if you have such a hard time reading my subjects, then stop reading them. I don't know you and i don't need to know you. I can write however it is that i would like to write. I am asking for advice on something that i need for my son! And if you don't like it well then don't give me your advice. Plain and simple. Sucking noises as in he's taking in to much air, and whoever said that taking in air is normal is ridiculous! I don't need a baby book or any parenting class to tell me that. I'm sorry that my son is only 2 months old and there are questions that i would like to ask other moms. If my question bothers you that much feel free to not answer them, thank you so much for your time,=. And you have a wonderful life keeping yourself anonymous.
    AdRiANS_MOMMi09

Answer by AdRiANS_MOMMi09 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Ok, FIRST, you did NOT say he was sucking in air. You said he was making sucking noises. Second, you said you tried something, but it must not be normal because you are too embarrased to say what it was. Third, if he is sucking too much air he will get a belly ache. Try like the other person said, shove more boob in.
    Anonymous

• It must take much more time to do that weird alternating capital letter thing then it does to just type out the darn question! Ok anyway, I agree with anon 9:42
    Anonymous

• So what is this weird thing you did to the baby that didn't work? If you didn't want us asking, you shouldn't have mentioned it.
    Anonymous