They already want to scrap the bill?

Not even an hour after they called the election:
The fallout: Democrats rethinking health care bill

""If it comes down to that Senate bill or nothing, I think we are going to end with nothing because I don't hear a lot of support on our side for that bill,” said Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.) "The problem is this we are spending almost a trillion dollars and folks are telling me I should vote yes and we will fix it later. You wouldn't buy a car for a trillion dollars and say yeah, it doesn't run but we will fix it later."
Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31693.html#ixzz0d7UlpV28
"
"Rep. Brad Ellsworth (D-Ind.) said, "I don't put as much stock into what happens in Massachusetts... I cannot imagine, from one person, one member from Indiana, that this House would accept the Senate bill as is.""
Politico - but these are direct quotes from house reps, not commentary.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31693.html#ixzz0d7UlpV28

Now what I find funny is that it was just last week this bill was something we supposedly couldn't afford not to pass.  It was the best thing since sliced bread.  They lose one vote and suddenly they can't back it anymore.  Amazing how your perspective changes when you suddenly have to let everyone have a voice instead of just 30%.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• THERE A DUM ASS ! !
    Anonymous

• Why does irony always show up in all caps?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• rolling on floor

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I am with QunnMae.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• You don't think, maybe they are trying to lead us off track? This would be giving up way too easy! And did you see Nancy insisting that h/c would go through today, no matter what? The sad part is they don't need Brown's vote to pass the h/c crap, they already have all the dem. votes they need, if they do it their underhanded way and what would be new about that?

It would be nice for them to be exposed for what they really are, wouldn't it?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• they already have all the dem. votes they need

But they don't. They don't have enough Dem votes to pass one that includes the house demands, and without the house demands, they don't have enough dems in the house to pass it. The only way they can pass it now is if they can convince a few dozen house dems to vote for a bill that they have vocally and repeatedly denounced ever since the senate released it. In other words - commit political suicide.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• What his election does is put on the pressure for the house just to accept the senate bill as it is without negotiation before Brown can get sworn in.

...But the democrat members of house I think were counting on having more time to negotiate the bill first. I mean Congressman Stupack alone wouldn't vote for the house bill without his "will not fund abortion amendment" but the senate version of the bill does fund abortion; I don't think the senate bill (as it is) will get his vote.
    Anonymous

• The next thing that needs to go is cap and trade, and then the next round of stimulus money that doesn't stimulate anything but my bowls, and then the responsibility tax, and then some of those czars, and then..................
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

Based on the spelling, she let her child bang on the keys.
    Anonymous