3yr old wont talk or use potty ... What am I doing wrong?

My son turned 3 in August, and still doesn't talk. I've been a stay at home mom most of his life, and spend lots of time with him. So I don't understand where I went wrong. He also still wears diapers, and wont have anything to do with potty training. If you've been through this or are now please any advice. He's been test and doesn't have autism.

Mom_of_2_boyz87

Asked by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am sorry you are struggling. You had him tested for autisum but was there any futher testing. what did his Dr say about the negitive test?
    Hey, if you feel there is something off with your child then continue searching for help. If his current Dr. isnt cutting it then find another. There are tons a info on the net. It could something that is going on or it maybe that he is a late bloomer. Take Care.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 11:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Get him tested, see a school about someone coming over the house or put him in preschool. my daughter is 3 1/2 and isnt potty trained. Kids who are delayed learn later...
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 11:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• my son turned 3 aug 30th he isnt pottyed trained yet he just starting to talk some. he is in speech . try getting him into speech therpy ... i know what u going through i have cryed till i cant cry no more.
    how old was ur son when he walked?
    my son was 16mnth...
    im thinkn they will do these things when they r ready
    just keep wrkn with him
    my son just this week started saying his name when he see himself in a pic .. its soooo cute im proud of him !
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 11:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• maybe he is just not ready yet my nephew is 4 and he is still working on both talking and potty training. Speech therapy has help my nephew so much, maybe you should look in to it in your area. Doing play dates and pre-school have helped to get potty training started for him; he sees all the other kids using the potty and wants to be like them. My nephew is really smart for his age the only things he is behind on is talking and potty training the drs said its really not that big a deal all kids get to different stages at different times, but they wanted him to be able to communicate better because he would get really mad if you didn't know what he wanted and started to be really mean to people. I wish you luck with it all and just know its nothing you did wrong =)
    lildsmommy92908

Answer by lildsmommy92908 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I forgot to mention he is in headstart and speech therapy. His doctor is awesome and has refered us to specialtist. He was also 13 months when he walked. He is so smart, and knows everything. Guess its frustrating when I'm the only one who sees it.
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 3:40 AM on Jan. 20, 2010