My 10 month old wont eat vegetables

Is this an issue? She has a great sweet tooth and loves most fruit but Im worried if she is missing out on vitamins and stuff she should be getting now and if it will cause problems as she is going into year one and two...
Do you have any tricks i can use to try to get her to eat them? And...she is not very big on baby jar food beyond applesauce, pears, and other fruity things like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to mix veggies in with foods my son would eat. As he got older, I kept doing it. I'd cook carrots until I could mush them up and then I'd put them in his grilled cheese. He never noticed.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I put finely chopped broccoli in my sons scrambled eggs. (and peppers too.)
    -grated carrots mixed in with turkey burgers
    -put small chicken pieces with finely chopped veggies and melt cheese over top of it so that he cant pick the veggies out. (it all sticks together)
    -cut up turkey and broccoli and put it in a grilled cheese.

have you tried plain cooked peas and corn?
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• yep have tried it all. never thought about hiding it though. just know that as soon as a veggie goes in her mouth she immediatly spits it right back out.
    MsMallory09

Answer by MsMallory09 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Offer vegetables before fruit. Good vegetables at this age are avocado, baked sweet potato, pureed peas, zucchini

Answer by rkoloms at 6:07 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Try giving it ti her as a finger food with something to dip it into. You can try cooking them diffrent ways to see what textures she prefers. Boil, steam, saute', and roasting all produce different textuers and flavors.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:39 AM on Jan. 20, 2010