Baby wont stop crying IDK what to do! Help please

My three week old just started this thing where he is constantly fussy. I dont know whats wrong or how to stop it. After going through the list of things that can be wrong and nothing has helped Im stumped and dont know what to do! I hate hearing my baby cry, and im already a worry wart so its just really stressing me out... HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im guessing youve fed and changed him, and cuddled him. have you tried all the ways to relieve gas?
    Froggy_girl1790

Answer by Froggy_girl1790 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Check out some readings about Chollic. See if that helps you out. If not just try some things out of the norm. My baby was so fussy too and loved standing outside and listening to cars. It always worked the first few months for me.
    MsMallory09

Answer by MsMallory09 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yes Ive laid him down and rubbed his belly and moved his legs like he was riding a bike... given him gas meds...done all kinds of things!
    Anonymous

• swaddle tight, baby swing, chamomile tea if you think he has gas, rub his belly, make bicycle motions with his legs(helps relieve gas), try running a fan to create white noise, or the tv on static low volume setting.
    bounce and walk with him..
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• It'll be okay, mama...he probably has colic. I know it's incredibly stressful but it's just a phase and it'll pass. Try laying him down on his tummy across your arm...imagine his head in your palm, his abdomen laying along the length of your arm with a leg dangling down each side of your arm. Sometimes a little pressure on their tummies helps.

Also try swaddling him in a blanket really snugly...he may miss that tight feeling he had in the womb.

And try "white noise"...a vacuum cleaner, washing machine, running water, a fan blowing...etc. iTunes has a great download of white noise...they helped my daughter a lot!

Hope this helps!
    LostFan815

Answer by LostFan815 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Three weeks? Welcome to the next growth spurt! Pretty normal, really. There may be some gas bothering, but at this age nighttime wailing is quite normal. It's how they shut the world out after a long day of new sensations. What can help tomorrow is to slwo things down in the afternoon and get things quiet before nightfall. Reducing the input reduces the need to cry to stop the input.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• It also can be acid reflux so have it checked out to be sure.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• And sometimes baby just cry...there is no reason. So if he isn't hungry, doesn't need changing, he isn't too hot or too cold and it isn't colic or gas, just hang in there!! It won't be like this for long. You'll blink twice and that baby will be playing football in the NFL or something.

Massages work sometimes. Give him a nice bath, and then just massage his little body. If you think it might be gas, you can rub his tummy...flat hand, start at mid chest and rub down to his thighs, hand over hand, with slight pressure, not a lot, but a little. If he has a gas bubble, that will help move it down.

You can also lay him on his tummy across your arm, like a football hold for nursing and pat his back a little. That can help move gas too. Mylacon drops are great for infant gas--mine lived on that stuff I swear.
    If it continues, check with your doctor. He/she might have better ideas.

Good luck and hug the wee one from me.
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 7:00 AM on Jan. 20, 2010