"Remedy tea" for infants?

My friend and I had our babies around the same time. Her Mom helps her a lot with her baby.. When her baby gets fussy or upset for no apparent reason her Mother makes the baby "remedy tea" I guess it helps the babys stomach and puts her to sleep... When I asked about it she kind of avoided the question like it was a family secret or something. Her Mom is from Mexico so Im assuming its a Mexican remedy... anyone know about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• google "Remedy tea baby" things pop up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• its mansanilla i think its chamomile in english it helps with upset stomach and is sopased to make baby a bit drowsy just don't make it to strong lightly tinted is good and if baby wont drink plain try sweaten it with just a bit of karo syrup the clear kind
    sexymama53

Answer by sexymama53 at 12:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• yes, it's chamomile, but you can use plain sugar to sweeten it instead of the karo. I've had a number of Latino friends that used it. I actually use it for myself as well.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• We gave our son catnip tea for colic. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• We gave our baby one ounce of chamomile tea (unsweetened) a day for colic; and I drank it by the gallon

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2010