PlEASE?!

I'm trying to understand here a little, i'm new to this. I am a single, new mommy to a beautiful 2 month old son and i have many questions that i would like to ask. But i am getting bad responses because my questions are "common questions." But am i really supposed to know everything, and somethings that i do know. Am i not allowed to get a second opinion from mothers that have already gone through it, and some that are new to it too? How is it that there are only mommys on here, and all of my questions up until now have been all about my son, and things that he does, and so on. And yet some mothers out there, who would like to be kept anonymous because? are giving the impression that certain mothers on here are more concerned with the way that i type my subjects rather then the questions i have about my son?! Am i wrong because i have common questions and will type however i see fit? Hell no! Opinions. No anonymous pls.

AdRiANS_MOMMi09

Asked by AdRiANS_MOMMi09 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go ahead and keep posting. There are a lot of teen moms on here that need advice as well. DO NOT LET some of the women on here keep you away.

That said, please accept a bit of advice. I do see that you have had a lot of negative feedback. I think it is partly the typing, partly your attitude. Your strength will get you far. But your lack of knowledge will hold you, and your child back.

I would love to have you read a couple books. One is The Five Love Languages. One is How to talk to kids will listen. These are more for later, but if you start the principles now it will help later.

As for parenting questions...just keep asking. :)
    Anonymous

• You are absolutely not wrong. Some people like to feel superior and point out what they perceive as 'faults' in others to make themselves feel better.

Please, ask your questions. Good for you for wanting to know the correct way to handle something rather than getting frustrated and giving up.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I'm not sure what this is about. I must have missed something.There is nothing wrong with common questions. You can't know an answer unless someone teaches you. Is something specifically wrong with your new baby or what's up?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• You cant avoid anonymous responses..its an option..anyhow...sometimes your questions aren't clear & when you type like a..sorry...teenager...which you may well be but still you are a mom now...its distracting to the person trying to read the question & figure out what you are asking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Pie-ease? huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Of course you're not wrong to ask your questions. But proper typing will keep the trolls away and will help you get better answers. I rarely answer questions asked by people who use textspeak or your style of typing...it's hard to read and I just don't want to bother, you know?

Ask your questions, of course. It's the only way we learn.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• If you typed properly you would get real answers. Also didn't say common questions I told you that they are COMMON SENSE! You are mad because people say that if you typed properly you would get real answers you are also mad because people tell you to get a parenting book!! BOTH are bits of advice you are just mad over nothing. Your childish behaviour was no surprise.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• If we can't fully understand the question it is hard to give a good answer, even if it is what some call common sense not everybody knows, but if you type it poorly people will think it is not a serious post and ignore it or say mean things. The typing is the only means for asking the question. Errors here and there are ok, but slang and confusing sentence structure distracts from the issue.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• You may get better, quicker answers to your questions by looking in the common questions section: http://www.cafemom.com/answers/common/

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I'll be honest with you. It's not that there is anything bad about your questions. It is that many of them could be answered easily just by looking them up...even by google...or a basic book. In addition, sometimes your question can be a little hard to decipher, or you give partial information, or information that is irrelevant. Finally, the way you type your titles tend to make more serious answerers shy away from opening the question at all.

You can type things however you want, but do remember that the key is communication. If what you are typing isn't communicating what you need then that isn't going to help you despite what you want. Remember that in a reading medium it can be extremely difficult to read things that are typed strangely because reading is partly memorizing the rise and fall of words that you see. That's why a lot of people ignore odd typing styles, colors, and spelling completely.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:45 AM on Jan. 20, 2010